Installing Windows 7 with Parallels Desktop 7
This is part 5 of my series comparing Parallels Desktop 7 to VMware Fusion 4, and in this article and video I am going walk you through installing Windows 7 Home Premium with Parallels Desktop 7. What I run into frequently with new users on the Mac is that when they buy a virtualization solution like either Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion, Microsoft Windows is not included.
In the latest version of Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac you now have the opportunity to buy Windows 7 and other programs right from within the program! This makes getting Microsoft Windows up and running very easy and convenient, by just using the built-in Parallels Wizard a user can both purchased and install Windows 7 on their mac! The article and video will explain what those items are and the video will guide you through doing this process on your own environment.
- Comparing Parallels Desktop 7 to VMware Fusion 4 Series – Part 4 (skeetertalkstech.com)
- Comparing Parallels Desktop 7 to VMware Fusion 4 Series – Part 3 (skeetertalkstech.com)
- Comparing Parallels Desktop 7 to VMware Fusion 4 Series – Part 2 (skeetertalkstech.com)
- Feature: Virtual showdown: Parallels Desktop 7 and VMWare Fusion 4 reviewed (arstechnica.com)
- Daily App Deals: Download Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac for $49.95 in today’s App Deals (lifehacker.com)
- VMware Fusion 4 hands-on: Lion, Windows 7, Windows 8, and more (arstechnica.com)